Wed, 23 Sep 2020 16:30:00 GMT
A retaining wall can be one of the best things that you do on your land to make it more usable and nicer. There are a lot of reasons to get a retaining wall including:
- Extend out how much usable land you have: Framers may use retaining walls to help maximize how much tillable land they have at their disposal. If you live in town, these walls can help you get more out of your gardening area instead.
- Stop soil erosion: When you section out your land into several parts, the retaining wall will make sure none of the soil will flow downhill onto the property. Since the soil will stay still, it is much easier to create an outdoor living area you want.
- Prevents flooding: A retaining wall will also prevent water from flowing right into your yard and can keep flooding to a minimum.
- Add some more aesthetic appeal: Not only are these retaining walls functional, but they also look nice. With the right style, you can really increase the appeal of your yard.
- Increase the value of your property: A concrete wall can help increase some of the appeals of your home and get others to check it out. If you are looking to sell the property, this is always good.
Poured Concrete Retaining Wall vs. Block
When it comes to making a retaining wall to improve your home, it is important to make the right decisions to ensure you have a great look and feel throughout. Because of this, many of our customers wonder whether poured concrete or block concrete is the better option for them.
A poured concrete wall will be designed and poured in a semi-fluid state into some pre-built forms. Once that is done, it will have time to harden to form a solid concrete wall. This one may take a little longer to put together because you need to wait for things to dry. But since it is a solid form, it will last longer and be sturdier than other options.
The concrete blocks will be a little different. These blocks consist of concrete masonry units, also known as CMU’s, that are then joined by using mortar. They can then be assembled into a pattern that is similar to what you may have seen in brick masonry. This type of wall is faster to put together, but they are in a bunch of different pieces, which takes away some of the strength and sturdiness of your wall.
When it comes to making a retaining wall for your landscape, a poured concrete retaining wall is one of the best. It is sturdy and can help make your lawn look amazing. Our professionals are happy to help answer all of your questions about concrete walls and help you pick the right style for you.
The Benefits of Concrete Walls
Concrete retaining walls are a great option for your landscaping. Our professionals are skilled at helping you decide how large the concrete wall should be, and the exact style that would look the best in your home. We will first consider the size and the setup, which is based on the level and slope of the ground where you would like to place the wall. With the right professionals though, you can get the best concrete retaining wall that looks amazing.
There are many benefits to choosing a concrete wall for your landscaping compared to a block wall. Some of the benefits include:
- This type of wall will provide some of the functional support that is necessary to keep soil in place.
- This type of wall can prevent sinkholes, while also eliminating some of the eyes sore in your yard from dirt piles and other hills.
- This type of wall is great to use to prevent any type of flooding.
- This type of wall will reduce some of the maintenance you need to do in your yard while preventing erosion.
- This type of wall will prevent damage to any of your property and any of the surrounding structures.
In the debate of poured concrete retaining wall vs. block, both can provide a lot of benefits to your home. Whether you want to add more land, increase the price of your home, or increase the aesthetic appeal of your home, concrete walls are one of the best options to help you with this. When you are ready to put in your concrete retaining walls, make sure to contact us at Elizabeth Concrete to get professional service at an affordable price!